Ludlow Castle Tea Room is traditionally English with smart uniformed staff, serving home-cooked foods using local providers.
We can be found inside the historic walls of Ludlow Castle in the recently renovated Castle House -“the last grand mansion to be built in Ludlow”, and is part of historic Ludlow Castle, which was founded in 1086 by the de Lacy family. Castle Tea Room occupies the southern end of Castle House which was a Real Tennis court in Tudor times.
We are renowned for our Afternoon Teas and our Range of Home-made scones have a reputation as being the “best in the area”.
Gift vouchers are available upon request. Telephone 01584 878796 for details
The Glazed Courtyard
Light & airy and within the original outer bailey walls of the Castle. Potted palms create a conservatory atmosphere.
The original scullery to the mansion, complete with original cooking range and original quarry tile floor. Natural oak furniture and polished brass and copper compliment this room.
Warm and cosy with a fine carved fireplace depicting the Prince of Wales Feathers. On the walls hang photographs of an old Ludlow Family - the Portlocks.
The Garden Terrace
Enjoy the serene and splendid surrounds of the Castle on the partly covered, tranquil Garden Terrace, the perfect place to indulge in a Champagne Afternoon Tea!
Dogs are very welcome in the tea room and on the terrace. You will see water bowls for them